We are looking for Volunteers to manage our front desk and to perform a variety of administrative and clerical tasks. Office Volunteers will be the first point of contact for The Chamber. Volunteer duties include offering administrative support throughout the office. You will welcome guests and greet people who visit the Chamber. You will also coordinate front-desk activities, including distributing correspondence and redirecting phone calls and maintaining the conference room calendar.
To be successful as a Volunteer, you should have a pleasant personality, as this is also a customer service role. You should also be able to deal with emergencies in a timely and effective manner, while streamlining office operations. Multitasking and stress management skills are essential for this position. This role may require working in shifts, so flexibility is a plus.
Ultimately, a Volunteer’s duties and responsibilities are to ensure the front desk welcomes guests positively, and executes all assigned administrative tasks to the highest quality standards.
- Greet and welcome guests as soon as they arrive at the office
- Direct visitors to the appropriate person and office
- Answer, screen and forward incoming phone calls
- Ensure reception area is tidy and presentable, with all necessary stationery and material (e.g. pens, forms and brochures)
- Provide basic and accurate information in-person and via phone/email
- Receive, sort and distribute daily mail/deliveries
- Request front office supplies to the Executive Director
- Update calendars and schedule meetings
- Perform other clerical receptionist duties such as filing, photocopying, transcribing and purging outdated fliers and brochures from the Visitors Center.
- Current member of the HSJVCC
- Proven work experience as a Receptionist, Front Office Representative or similar role
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite
- Hands-on experience with office equipment (e.g. fax machines and printers)
- Professional attitude and appearance
- Solid written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to be resourceful and proactive when issues arise
- Excellent organizational skills
- Multitasking and time-management skills, with the ability to prioritize tasks
- Customer service attitude
- High school degree; additional certification in Office Management is a plus